Wednesday, June 30, 2010


So today I just feel like blogging. I had the day off today. BEE-U-TIFUL! There is this neat little coffee house down town on one of the side streets called Pergalozi (not sure if I spelled that right.. what's new) It is this old victorian house with a huge front porch and lots of trees and flowers and is just super quaint. I found myself a little spot in the corner under a tree where I could feel the breeze and not the sun. Which is good because I went to the pool yesterday for 45 minutes and I have major short tan lines! All I wanted was to relax under the sun because the sun is so great. I didn't want any sun, but by golly I got it! I have a feeling I am going to leave here a whole nother race. So watch out because you might miss me. haha.. just kidding.

A cool thing of the day: I am sitting doing my quiet time and a man comes and sits at a table next to me. He says "beautiful day." Next thing I know we are talking about his life and how we was born and raised in Santa Cruz. Then he proceeds to ask me about me and if I am student here. This is always the forward into, "I am here with Campus Crusade for Christ and we are here for the summer growing in our faith in Jesus and sharing it with those around us..." etc or something around those lines. Next he asks what I believe and just more about the Christian faith. I ended up talking with him for about an hour about what a relationship with the Lord looks like, the hardships I have gone through, and how the Lord is the only way to satisfy all the emptiness I have been trying to fill myself for the last 18 years. I shared the Knowing God Personally book we have and he was really appreciative. Overall it was a really great conversation as well as another opportunity God presented to me to trust in His Spirit filling to actually do the talking. I am merely a vessel.

The funny thing about this is that apparently this is how all my spiritual conversations get started: "Beautiful day." A couple of weeks ago I had walked to one of the lighthouses for quiet time again and a man was walking his dog and says to me, "Beautiful Day." Seriously! When I least expect it I tell ya! God is a man of surprises and doing things when we least expect it. So with the dog walking man after he says that, literally within a minute or two literally he is telling me of his life story and how he lost his daughter when she was 8, then his wife divorced him, and now he has been trying to find his way through life ever since. We also had a great conversation, one that really meant a lot to me.

So, Beautiful day isn't it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment