Friday, July 30, 2010


Last few days on project. It has flown by so quickly. I feel so normal being here. Although I have gotten to know these people really well in these 10 weeks, I also feel like I am starting to get to know more about the little details of their personalities. Santa Cruz has been wonderful. I have absolutely loved being here, but it isn't home. I am sad to leave but not so much the city as the people. The 58 students God has brought together for this summer have been more than I could have dreamed of. Through out the summer each of us has had to give our testimony at one of our meals, which is not just us crusaders but any friends, co workers, or whoever, that we have invited. All though each of our stories are different, each one ends the same way and points to the same thing: it is a relationship. God does all the work. God provides whatever strength or power and He gets all the glory. When you hear 58 students who all have completely different backgrounds all say that in the end it comes down to God being the only true satisfaction and that it is not about rules and traditions but an intimate, personal relationship with Jesus Christ, how could any one not believe in the salvation that comes from Christ?! It is absolutely beautiful!

Our stories are intricately woven and beautifully crafted! Through them God is able to point a light towards Himself and say "come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28) We all are on in the process of learning that we all feel a deep longing within us and each one of us tries to fill that longing with something, whether it be relationships, sports, food, control, beauty, perfection, success, whatever it may be, each person in this world was made with a deep sincere longing for the Lord. But instead of acknowledging that the Lord is the only one who can fill that longing, we try to fill it with things of this world. I had a conversation with one of my coworkers the other day about this exact topic. She has been trying to fill this void with boys and relationships but still feels so alone and empty. I was reminded the other day that God's Holy Spirit is living inside each one us whether we chose to accept it or not, He is there. It is up to us whether or not we are going to call upon the Lord and allow that Spirit to work inside of us.

I know I have not shared on all of the spiritual conversations the Lord has placed me in throughout the summer or the ones my friends have gotten to be a part of. There are soo so many. I wouldn't even know where to begin or how to word them so they would not be to lengthy. I already make each of my posts rather lengthy for you followers. But I am always up for sharing so got questions or want to know more call or email me :))

I am flying back to school next Wednesday and I am a little nervous to leave the community I have had here at the Pan. God is good. He has my back for next year. Who knows what he has planned for me next

No comments:

Post a Comment