Thursday, September 15, 2011

Today I literally found myself laughing out loud (in a good way). Today was my first day on campus doing ministry. The school system is different here than most universities in the states. Here public universities are free. You might think that the education would be bad right? Well it is actually better than private schools (college at least). Furthermore, there is no such thing as dorms here. You only go to campus for classes. The University of Buenos Aires, where we are doing ministry, has several different campuses all through out the city. The campuses are specific for each major - law, medicine, agriculture, philosophy, etc. Most campuses have around 30,000 students.

Ok so knowing this, guess what campus I go to today.

Agronomia. Aka - agriculture. I am stoked. The campus is about 30 minutes from where I am in the city. When I stepped off the bus, I saw pasture. This is not your typical campus. I literally walked for ten minutes next to fences of horse, llamas, goats, and ducks. One horse had a buzz cut! No mane. There were maybe 3 buildings that semi looked like classes could be help there. As I was walking around I literally said "I can not wait to take pictures of this". I loved it. It just made me laugh. It was not at all what I was expecting.

As for actual ministry, Morgan and I were able to do solarium with one girl. There is a lot of spiritual activity on this campus which is really neat to see. Most all of the "gen-ed" classes have to be taken on this campus so we get to interact with students that will eventually go to the medicine, law, etc campuses. That is really neat because then the other stinters working on the other campuses meet students who have already had seeds planted. I was told several great stories of how Cru was granted favor on other campuses because of the work on the ag campus.

Hopefully some of this makes since. I just thought me on the ag campus was worth sharing but I really need pictures to accompany this so you can somewhat picture this. I will work on getting pictures up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Go Ag College! (I majored in Ag) Sounds like your having a great time! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Luke! Thanks, things are going really well! yay go ag!! Glad to hear from you! Hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete